CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, March 4, 2011

~ Don't Forget To ~


Don't Forget To...

by Jessica
(Oregon)

People always have their good days and their bad days. Life in general is supposed to be a great thing that you only get one shot at. I believe some of us forget what life is all about. You're supposed to be living every day like it is your last... Work yes, but don't forget to play too. When the sun is out, skip the laundry for a few hours and go soak it up. Live your life.

We are all such creatures of habit and we get so caught up in the "wake, work, eat, and sleep" routine that we forget to stop and smell the roses. Hundreds of thousands of people lose their lives to cancer, diseases, old age, etc. every year. I'm sure most of them "wished" they would have done this or that, or "regretted" not going and seeing things they wanted to see, or doing things they wanted to do. Young people's lives are cut short and they really do not always get to experience the things they want to before they pass away. So...

Do the things you want to do, be who you want to be, see what you want to see. If you want to tour Europe, do it! If you want to skydive, then skydive! If you want to climb a tree, climb it! If you want to run a marathon, run it! You only live once. People forget what life is all about.

Sometimes we need to make our dreams a reality because you never know when your last day will be. I'm not saying "go out and quit your job" or "take a sick day". What I'm saying is... all the time people spend "working extra" or "doing housework" or "playing video games, watching TV, on Myspace /Facebook all day... etc." is time you can be spending living your dreams. If it's a beautiful day outside, go see the world... go explore the area you live in... be spontaneous. You don't always need TV's Xboxes and Computers to have fun. You don't always have to spend money either. I'm sure most people have not even found the hidden beauty their surroundings bring them. Go explore up a river, or a secret beach, or take a short drive or a short hike until you find something satisfying. Take pictures, because you will regret not doing it!!!



A friend of mine had her life cut short due to cancer at only 17 years old. She was a brilliant person and brought happiness to everyone around her. She had the same hopes, wishes and dreams that everyone else her age has. It saddens me to think she didn't get to "live it up" like everyone else did. I know she is looking down at everyone smiling because they are living life to the fullest. She is the strongest person I have ever met. She did not let her sickness get her down. She had a heart of gold and her smile was always brighter than the sun. She lived her life to its fullest potential every day she had all the way down to her last. She was a great person and had great dreams. She taught me to never let something get you down, as bad as it always may seem there will be something good to come of it. She passed away in April and they had a wonderful Celebration of Life for her. She is definitely someone I will NEVER forget. I will continue my life with a positive attitude and tons of enlightenment thanks to her.

I plan on crossing 10 or more things off my "Bucket List" each year of my life until I myself pass or until there is nothing left on the list. If my list runs out, I will simply think of more positive experiences and fun things to do until I croak. I would like everyone else who reads this to do the same. Appreciate the life you have, even the ups and downs. We all have them, and if you get through them it only will make you stronger. If you fall, just get right back up. See the world, be yourself, imagine things, create things, experience the unexperienced, and most important... have fun and don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

1 comment: