CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, February 13, 2009

" With Age Comes Wisdom................"


With Age Comes Wisdom................
(Thu, August 21, 2008 - 10:04 PM)



After a while you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul.

And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning, and company doesn't mean security.

And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts, and presents aren't promises.

And you begin to accept your defeats with your head held high and your eyes open,
with the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child.

And you learn to build your roads on today, because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans,
and futures have a way of falling down in midflight.

After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much so you plant your own garden,
and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.

And you learn that you really can endure that you really are strong and you really do have worth
and you learn and learn with every goodbye you learn.

No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
When something happens to you, good or bad, consider what it means.

There's a purpose to life's events, to teach you how to laugh more or not to cry too hard.
You can't make someone love you. All you can do is be someone who can be loved;
the rest is up to the person to realize your worth. It's better to lose your pride to the one you love,
than to lose the one you love because of pride.

We spend too much time looking for the right person to love or
finding fault with those we already love, when instead we should be perfecting the love we give.

Never abandon an old friend. You will never find one who can take his or her place.
Friendship is like wine, it gets better as it grows older, this is true.

I've learned that no matter what happens,
or how bad it seems today,
life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents,
you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.

I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life."

I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands.
You need to be able to throw something back.

I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.

I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.

I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone.
People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

I've learned that people will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel.

No comments: